B-TEK Rail Scales come in five models to allow weighing for a wide range of rail cars. Capacities range from 180,000 to 400,000 lbs. The weighbridge design is approved by the Association of American Railroads (AAR) and the American Railway Engineering Association (AREA).
Features and specifications:
- AAR (Association of American Railroads) and AREA (American Railway Engineering Association) designed weighbridge
- NTEP (National Type Evaluation Program) approved
- Weighbridge meets or exceeds Cooper E-80 loading requirements
- Modular design of scale allows weighing of a wide range of rail cars
- Scale can be installed either above ground or in a pit foundation
- Gross capacity is certified at 400,000 lbs. in 50 lb. Graduations
- Concentrated load capacity is NTEP rated at 180,000 lbs.
- Load cell and mounting assemblies individually rated at 100,000 lbs.
- Foundation anchor bolts and grout plates included
- Anti-creep devices included on live rail
- 360° positive self-checking – eliminates the need for flexure plates or adjustable check rods
- Utilizes Pandrol™ style rail clips for secure rail attachment
- Live rail is provided with 45° mitered ends
- Optional recessed rail design available for railroad/motor truck applications
- Load cells are hermetically sealed to NEMA 6/IP67 standards for superior environmental protection
- Surge Voltage Protection
- Lightning protection package
- Full line of digital indicators and controls
- End and intermediate approach packages (specify length)